|Bricanyl® Turbohaler® 0.5 mg/dose inhalation powder /|
Terbutaline sulfate 0.5 mg dry powder inhaler
This product is available as any of the above names but will be referred to as Bricanyl Turbohaler throughout this leaflet.
Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start using this medicine because it contains important information for you.
Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
If you have any further questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
This medicine has been prescribed for you only. Do not pass it on to others. It may harm them, even if their signs of illness are the same as yours.β-agonist Powder
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. See section 4. What is in this leaflet
1. What Bricanyl Turbohaler is and what it is used for
2. What you need to know before you use Bricanyl Turbohaler
3. How to use Bricanyl Turbohaler
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Bricanyl Turbohaler
6. Contents of the pack and other information
1. WHAT BRICANYL TURBOHALER IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
Bricanyl Turbohaler is an inhaler. It contains a medicine called terbutaline. This belongs to a group of medicines called ‘beta-agonists’. These work by relaxing certain muscles and opening up the airways in the lungs.
Bricanyl Turbohaler is used for asthma and other breathing problems where you have a tight chest and difficulty breathing.
2. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU USE BRICANYL TURBOHALER Do not use Bricanyl Turbohaler:
• If you are allergic to terbutaline.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Bricanyl Turbohaler if:
• You have diabetes. If so, you may need some extra blood sugar tests when you start using Bricanyl Turbohaler.
• You have a history of heart disease, irregular heart rhythm or angina.
• You have an overactive thyroid gland.
If you are not sure if any of the above apply to you, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Bricanyl
Other medicines and Bricanyl Turbohaler
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines. This includes medicines that you buy without a prescription and herbal medicines. Bricanyl can affect the way that some medicines work and some medicines can have an effect on Bricanyl.In particular, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any of the following medicines:
• Steroid medicines (such as prednisolone).
• Medicines called ‘xanthines’ (such as theophylline).
• Medicines called ‘beta-blockers’ (such as atenolol or propranolol) including eye drops (such as timolol).
• Water tablets (diuretics) such as furosemide (also known as frusemide).
If you are to undergo surgery with general anaesthetics it is important that you inform your doctor about all medicines you use, including Bricanyl to protect you from adverse effects (e.g. irregular heart beat).Pregnancy, breast-feeding and fertility
• If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine.
• If you become pregnant while you are using Bricanyl Turbohaler, talk to your doctor straight away.Driving and using machines Bricanyl is not likely to affect you being able to drive or use any machines.
3. HOW TO USE BRICANYL TURBOHALER
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. If Bricanyl Turbohaler is to be used by a child, make sure that they use it correctly.
How much to take
• The recommended dose is one inhalation as required.
• Do not take more than four inhalations in any 24 hour period.
• One inhalation from your Bricanyl Turbohaler should last for up to six hours.
Talk to your doctor straight away if:
• Your breathing is getting worse.
• You often wake at night with asthma.
• You start getting a tight chest.
• You are not getting relief from your current dose.
These are signs that your asthma is not being controlled. You may need a different or additional treatment straight away.
Please read the complete instructions carefully before you start to take your medication Turbohaler is a multidose inhaler from which very small amounts of powder are
administered (Figure 1). When you breathe in through Turbohaler the powder is delivered to your lungs. It is therefore important that you inhale forcefully and deeply through the mouthpiece.
How to prepare a new Turbohaler for use Before using Turbohaler for the first time you need to prepare the inhaler for use.
|Poster un Commentaire|
|Entry 388 of 1599|
|Précédent | Suivant|